side guard PROTECTION Devices FOR SANITATION AND LARGE CITY TRUCKS
AirFlow Deflector CTS and RTS Truck Side Guards offer pedestrian, cyclists, and motorcyclists protection in the event of a side collision with large city trucks. Our devices are “Volpe certified” and “Vision Zero” compliant, adhering to strict strength, position, and deflection standards. The addition of truck side guards to sanitation, delivery, and other large trucks can significantly decrease the instance of injury or fatality should a side impact occur, according to many government agencies.
How do side guards work? Side guards are installed on each side of large city trucks and cover the opening (underride) between the front and rear wheels. Side guards are positioned to provide maximum coverage to ensure that crash victims do not go under the truck and be struck by the rear wheels.
What makes our Side Guards different from others rail barrier systems on the market? They can fold down like a pick-up truck tailgate or can be removed in seconds without any special tools thanks for our automotive grade “quick release” latches. This provides access to the underside of the vehicle giving access toolboxes, fire extinguishers, and other components.
Our guard systems are easy to install with an “out-of-the-box” installation procedure, virtually maintenance free, and are modular for ease of repairs or replacement, should an accident occur. Our side guard can be made of either fiberglass or aluminum and can be retrofitted to most applications using a standard installation process.
VOLPE compliant METAL OR PANEL SIde guards
- Available in fiberglass, aluminum or steel,
- Removable / retractable without any tools,
- Available in either a 2 or 3 rail per side system,
- Retrofittable / configurable / sold to length,
- Turn-key kits or individual parts,
- Withstands required min. 440 lbs of force,
- 2 times stronger than European systems,
- Five (5) year warranty & fully insured,
- Assembled in the USA,
- B.I.C. (NY), HuntsPoint approved, and
- ► Certified Volpe Compliant.
side underride devices & FUEL savings FOR LONG-HAUL TRUCKS
AngelWing ATS Side Guards, Deflector LTS, or V-Spoiler Vortex Generators convert semi-trailers and long-haul rigs into safe, aerodynamic vehicles providing protection to the environment and to vulnerable road users. SmartWay certified, AirFlow Deflector LTS and AngelWing ATS Side Guards are unlike any other product on the market as they are designed to provide both side underride protection and fuel savings. We have applied proven aerodynamic principles used in the design of F1 race vehicles to long-haul trailers, rigs, and similar transport vehicles. This aerodynamic technology improves tracking by reducing drag and turbulence, increases fuel efficiency by up to 8.5% per trip, lowers greenhouse gas, and saves money.
Our side guards offer side underride protection to long-haul trailers and can offer protection to road users from possible injury and death in the event of a side collision. Crafted using a unique metal skeleton frame and composite fiberglass, our side guards are incomparably stronger than traditional side skirts on the market today. Did you know that AngelWing Side Underride devices can be configured with current pre-installed skirts or they can be purchased with our own skirt design provided by Crane Composites.
As an added benefit for our AirFlow LTS and AngelWing ATS side guards, the truck’s life cycle can be increased since the axle is protected from common road elements such as bad weather, snow, rocks and other road debris encountered while driving. Side Guard LTS and ATS devices decrease the pressure on the tires, which consequently increases their wear-life by absorbing the negative effects of side winds.
superior to truck Side skirts / fairing devices
- Designed for flat deck or full trailers.
- Adaptable with existing fairing skirts,
- Anti-splash and suspension protection,
- Fuel savings and side underride protection,
- Fiberglass composite skirt & steel frame skeleton,
- More durable than traditional side skirt designs,
- Installs easily within about 2 hours,
- Virtually maintenance free,
- Compatible for use with V-Spoilers,
- Warrantied for five (5) years, and
- ► SmartWay and CARB Certified.
News & Events